Sometimes children have difficulties with doing their homework and learning. Sometimes learning can be a real ordeal. You are not motivated, you cannot remember anything, you do not understand what you are learning or its boring… Something more important than doing your homework, which often takes too long, pops up. However, do not get discouraged, because there are ways to help yourself and finally start learning meaningfully.
Paying attention is sometimes a great art. There are ways to help yourself achieve it. You will not only better listen, look and understand, but also hear your teacher praising you. Get some advices how.
- Only what you need at that particular lesson should be on your desk
- Sit close to the teacher and the board
- Participate in lesson activities, do not only sit, raise your hand, ask questions, but take care of the class rules
- If you are sitting next to someone distracting you, ask your teacher if you can switch places with someone
- Make some token to remind you to pay attention (a tag or a bracelet), which you can touch the moment you start drifting away
- Do not carry games or toys to school. They may distract your attention, used not only during the break, but during the class, too.
- If you do not understand something, immediately ask your teacher or a friend for an explanation.