You did so much good. First because of your warm heart, second, because you knew that only a scientific and professional approach and devoted engagement could bring results. We are all proud of your work and wish you a lot of success – said President dr Ivo Josipović in his speech to the guests at the celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Child Protection Center of Zagreb, on Thursday, 7 February 2013 in the City Hall of Zagreb.
Zagreb Child and Youth Protection Center, the Croatian Psychological Chamber and the City of Zagreb organize training for volunteers for psychologists on the Network of Psychological Assistance of the Croatian Psychological Chamber – Croatian Psychological Society. Training for the psychological support line in the COVID-19 crisis is held through the Zoom platform from 21 to 23 April 2020 for 150 volunteers, conducted by experts from the Zagreb Children and Youth Protection Center, experts from the Ministry of the Interior and the President of the Croatian Psychological Chamber.
The Psychological Assistance hotline has been established in collaboration with the Croatian Psychological Association (HPC) with the Croatian Psychological Society (HPD) and county psychologists’ associations. The lines are intended for all persons who need assistance and support in dealing with the COVID-19 epidemic, regardless of whether they are diseased, endangered, quarantined or isolated or there are other reasons why they need psychological support. Equally, the lines are available to all citizens affected by the devastating earthquake, that is, to anyone who is confronted with the negative effects of extraordinary circumstances on their psychological health.
The training is free of charge and is based on the volunteer input of the organizers (City of Zagreb, Croatian Psychological Chamber and Zagreb Child and Youth Protection Center), in order to support and empower volunteer psychologists on the Psychological Assistance Phone Network. Topics in the three-day education include the specifics of providing psychological support in crisis through counseling lines during and after the current pandemic. The training will be scored by the Croatian Psychological Chamber.
Topics and speakers:
- Psychological significance of the COVID-19 pandemic and the path to recovery – professor Gordana Buljan Flander, PhD, clinical psychologist and psychotherapist
- Neurobiology of stress and trauma – Vanja Slijepčević Saftić, PhD – MD, Pediatric Specialist, Pediatric Neurology Specialist
- Psychological Support in Crisis – Bruna Profaca, PhD, clinical psychologist
- Specific features of phone counseling – Mirna Čagalj Farkas, MSc. of psychology
- “What if …?” Particularly challenging call categories – Vlatka Boričević Maršanić, PhD – MD, Specialist Psychiatrist, Subspecialist of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Domestic Violence: Support and Protection – Renata Ćorić Špoljar, PhD, clinical psychologist
- Legal Basis for Protecting Vulnerable Groups from Violence: Should I Report This? – Anita Matijevic, BSc. social worker, Head of the Department of Juvenile Delinquency and Crime at the expense of youth, MIA
- Exercising Rights and Focusing on Community Resources – Tamara Gojković, BSc. social worker
- Self Care: Secondary Traumatization and Secondary Resistance – Bruna Profaca, PhD, clinical psychologist
- Familiarizing yourself with counseling and monitoring – Andreja Bogdan, clinical psychologist, President of the Croatian Psychological Chamber
A special handbook of the same topic is being drafted as additional support for psychologists in their work.
Program Manager Psychological Support Lines: Andreja Bogdan, clinical psychologist
Coordinators of the education project : professor Gordana Buljan Flander, PhD, clinical psychologist – Psychotherapist, Andreja Bogdan, clinical psychologist, Ella Selak Bagarić, MSc. of Psychology, Tea Brezinšćak, MSc. of psychology
Disclaimer: This is unofficial translation provided for information purposes. Zagreb Child and Youth Protection Center cannot be held legally responsible for any translation inaccuracy.