These days a debate about the budget amendments is being under way. All people who work with children and in their interest are wondering how this is going to reflect of programmes for children. Unfortunately, we have found out that it will have impact on a series of items concerning children and their rights protection.
Dear and respected parents,
Continuing with the earlier notification of the Zagreb Child and Youth Protection Center on changes in work with regard to activities directed at measures to suppress and spread the pandemic of the virus corona, we would like to inform you that since May 4, 2020, the Center continues its usual activities in accordance with the recommendations of the competent services and following the hygienic-epidemiological instructions of the National Crisis of the Headquarters of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Croatia and the Crisis Staff of the City of Zagreb necessary for the safe work and (self) protection of all of you and us, with whom we introduce you in this way and in which your cooperation is of utmost importance.
Don’t come if …
If the child or accompanying person has any symptoms of respiratory disease (cold, runny nose, coughing, sneezing, fever, sore throat). It will not be possible to enter the Zagreb Child and Youth Protection Center with the described symptoms. Postpone your appointment by phone and make a new appointment after your recovery.
Before coming to the Zagreb Child and Youth Protection Center …
– Read instructions and notices
– ensure that the child is accompanied by only one adult
– leave all things that are not needed such as toys, backpacks… (bottle of water or child’s juice are allowed)
– be sure to bring a referral with you (unless you have a valid one before). No other service can be reviewed without a referral.
– Prepare your ID number to verify self-isolation in CEZIH
– arrive on time at the exact time when you were ordered, so that employees arrive behind each one to ventilate and disinfect the premises and that there are not many people in the waiting room at the same time
– prepare your child (following the tips and guidelines below)
When you come to the Zagreb Child and Youth Protection Center …
– On arrival at the Center, everyone will be measured by the temperature of the device with a remote control.
– All who enter the Center will be instructed to wash and disinfect their hands.
– It is essential to keep a minimum distance of 2 meters, so it is essential that your child is constantly with you.
– You are obliged to wear protective masks during your stay at the Center.
– During your child’s occupation with a specialist, please stay in the front of the room to minimize unnecessary movement.
How to prepare your child for arrival at the Center
Before coming to the Zagreb Child and Youth Protection Center during this period, please speak with the child according to your child’s age and prepare the child for the situation and procedures that await you upon arrival at the Zagreb Child and Youth Protection Center.
It is important to inform the child how the staff at the facility will wear special protection (corners, visors, masks, shoe covers and gloves) and why this is so.
You can say, “When we come to the Zagreb Child and Youth Protection Center, we will make sure that we follow the rules that will help us all be as safe as possible. These are the rules that both children and adults adhere to. At the entrance we will disinfect the shoes, measure the temperature and spray our hands with a special fluid that helps us stay healthy. We’ll also get a mask and gloves. We will then wait where the nurse tells us to sit down and it is important that we stay in that place, even though you will be a little bored for a few minutes. We will then meet the experts we have commissioned, who will wear special clothing, gloves and masks. It’s okay if you feel uncomfortable, or if it’s weird or funny. We go there to talk, maybe you will draw or write something, or the doctor will examine you, but we will arrange everything when you come… When we meet the experts, you will go to just talk to them, and I will wait for you in front of the room where you will be I’ll be in front the whole time. How does this all sound to you? ”
Ask questions about whether your child has additional questions, fears, or concerns about coming.
Focus on the things your child can choose from. For example: “What can we do before or after the Center when we graduate?”
When you come to the Center, tell the staff what helps your child relax. Be positive and encouraging towards your child, praise him / her during and after arrival.
You can find tips on how to talk to your child about coronavirus on our website at:
We continue to ask you to follow the recommendations of the competent services and to take care of your own and your loved ones’ health, as well as to follow the instructions given, as preventing the spread of infection and the safety of children are our common goals.
Crisis Headquarters of the Zagreb Children and Youth Protection Center
Disclaimer: This is unofficial translation provided for information purposes. Zagreb Child and Youth Protection Center cannot be held legally responsible for any translation inaccuracy.