When parents are divorcing

When to seek help

If strong feelings related to divorce last too long or if you see that you have been reacting in a way which interfere with you everyday routines – ask for help. If you see that you are having trouble with anger control, that you are feeling extremely tense, worried, sad, uninterested, if you have thoughts about hurting yourself – ask for help.

Seek help from your parents, relatives, your school psychologist, educator, or physician. Each of them will know how to keep secret about what you have told and will help you professionally. You surely know where their offices are in your school.