How to pay attention at school
Paying attention is sometimes a great art. There are ways to help yourself achieve it. You will not only better listen, look and understand, but also hear your teacher praising you. Get some advices how.
- Only what you need at that particular lesson should be on your desk
- Sit close to the teacher and the board
- Participate in lesson activities, do not only sit, raise your hand, ask questions, but take care of the class rules
- If you are sitting next to someone distracting you, ask your teacher if you can switch places with someone
- Make some token to remind you to pay attention (a tag or a bracelet), which you can touch the moment you start drifting away
- Do not carry games or toys to school. They may distract your attention, used not only during the break, but during the class, too.
- If you do not understand something, immediately ask your teacher or a friend for an explanation.